1. Will I be able to locate my phone with the MobyDefender app if the phone’s sim is changed?
This feature will work even if the sim gets changed. The only requirement would be of Internet service being activated.
2. How do I get to remotely control my lost device with Anti-Theft service?
Login to MobyDefender via these links-? for Android, answer the security questions and you can perform the accurate actions to locate, lock or wipe data from your phone.
3. What is MobyDefender Anti-Theft service?
Anti-Theft is a service provided by MobyDefender wherein, one can track their lost phone via MobyDefender web portal. Once you have downloaded our app, you are only needed to activate it in your profile. Other features include remotely raising alarm, data wipe, send a message and lock phone.
4. What all features does the MobyDefender Anti-Theft app offers?
MobyDefender’s Anti-Theft feature comes with the following functionalities:
Use this feature to raise an alarm on your phone via Internet access. The alarm lets you detect the phone if it’s nearby or warn people next to the potential thief of the suspect. You even get to choose the alarm type.
Let’s you communicate with the bearer of the phone by sending a text message. This option can be widely used to persuade the other person with rewards or consequences, as per the scenario.
If the phone gets stolen then you can lock/unlock the phone as per your convenience. You can also change/reset the password of the phone.
- Phone Wipe (including SD Card):
Use it to delete the phone data, reset phone, re-boot & wipe SD card data.
You can hide the MobyDefender app icon with this option to avoid unwanted installation of the app by the intruder. Thus, ensuring a constant tracking of the device.
- Track Location with GPS feature:
Get a real-time location of your phone on Map via the MobyDefender Website.
5. How do I download and activate MobyDefender Anti-Theft service?
Please visit the Google Play Store for downloading the “MobyDefender ” App. Or use the following link to do so.
- STEPS TO ACTIVATE THE APP:
Click on MobyDefender app>Panel/drawer>Anti-Theft>Activate protection tab>Click activate>answer security questions>agree to the terms and conditions>E-mail will be delivered over the registered id with the web link>current device status will change to Protected.
6. Can I track my phone’s location and how?
Any smartphone with that has MobyDefender app installed on it can be remotely tracked by using the Anti-theft option.
Sign up with the MobyDefender app, visit anti-theft section and fill in answers to the security questions. Agree to the terms & conditions for using the app and click on next. Congratulations now your device will display a ‘Protected’ Status.
In case you ever wish to track the phone’s location, simply visit the MobyDefender website, answer the security question and activate the tracking feature to get real-time updates.
7. What are the system requirements for using the Anti-Theft?
For MobyDefender app to work as Anti-Theft measure, the device’s GPS should necessarily be ON and the map permission to app should also be provided.
8. What will be the validity of the MobyDefender Anti-theft services?
This service will be activated on your phone till the time you do not uninstall the app, thus preventing gadget loss due to theft.
9. Do I have to pay for any of these services which are part of MobyDefender Anti- Theft?
MobyDefender Anti-Theft service is provided Free of cost under MobyDefender App, which can be downloaded on both iOS and Android devices.
10. Will MobyDefender also help me with the legal parts of device recovery under its Anti-theft services?
Our assistance is only limited to the applications of the app, which does not include providing assistance to the customers regarding any legal procedures
1. I have sensitive information stored in my gadget. How can I erase it?
While we take all the possible steps from our end to ensure that every device that we receive is fully formatted, it is still advised that customers should clear old data before handing it over at the time of sale.
You can run ‘Restore Factory Settings’ on your phone or just use the MobyDefender App to wipe clean every piece of data that could be present in your device. You may also ask our representative to assist you with data cleaning at the time of pick up.
2. What about the Data in my phone?
While our partners take utmost care in ensuring there is no data loss, repair of mobile/tablet might entail formatting of device, in which case the company will not be responsible for the loss of saved data/contact information. Please arrange appropriate data backup before submitting your device.
3. How does MobyDefender ‘Data Transfer’ service works?
Transferring contacts and personal data from your old phone to a new one used to be a cumbersome ordeal. These days, it’s a much simpler process and with MobyDefender Data Transfer, you don’t even need cables or another app to copy your data.
On Android phones, just having a Google account takes care of your contacts, bookmarks, apps, and more. However, that doesn’t work with copying old SMS/MMS messages, pictures, music, and other files.
For people who are switching phones, there’s an easier way to transfer those files to your new device. MobyDefender app lets you wirelessly transfer data without Internet data, Bluetooth, or USB for this.
4. How can I Transfer Data using MobyDefender app?
Step 1: Install the MobyDefender app on both your old & new devices. If you are selling your old device thru MobyDefender then the app is already there in your old device.
Step 2:Position the two devices within 50 cm of each other, then launch the app on both devices. Tap on the data transfer button on both to initiate the connection.
Step 3: Make the old device as the “Sender” and the new Device as “Receiver”
Step 4: On the Receiving device, you’ll be prompted to accept the transfer. Tap OK to continue.
Step 5:On your Receiving device, select the kind of data you want to transfer – SMS, Calendar, Contacts, Pictures, Music, Videos, Apps.
Step 6:The app will show progress as your complete transfer.That’s it. When the transfer completes, tap on the Done button to exit.
5. Do I need the internet to use MobyDefender data transfer?
Data transfer does not need internet or data for this function.
6. Where do I locate the Data Transfer feature on the MobyDefender app
You can go to the MobyDefender app>menu>click on data transfer, and gain insight on the data transfer activity so far.
7. Is it possible that my phone does not work with this application or the data does not gets transferred? Whom do I contact if I face any issue while using Data Transfer?
As tried and tested from our team, this feature is compatible with all devices. However, if you’re met with any exception you can write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
8. Can I rename MobyDefender app or will it still be visible to the person who has received my phone?
You can make the MobyDefender app invisible with the help of a setting named ‘Camouflage’ on the web portal.
9. What happens if I accidentally delete the MobyDefender app from my phone?
In that case, you will have to re-install the app on your phone and activate the Anti-Theft service again.